February 12, 2015

100 Word Challenge - Samuel and Bella

We started the 100 word challenge this week. Every week we get a new prompt and have to write a story with 100 words. As this was our first go at it, we wrote in pairs. The prompt was ...the silence was deafening... We talked about what this meant and then went away to write our stories. Those pairs who managed to write 100 words read their writing to class. We then voted on the two best stories. Congratulations to Bella and Samuel, and Ava and Sasha. Zander and Leo's story was voted the Teacher's Choice. We'd love you to leave a comment on our 100 word challenge writing!

I was bouncing on the moon high and quietly. Then I heard a stomp. It was a green monster. I started to run as fast as I could. Then I dropped in to a deep, dark hole. The silence was deafening. One hour later I was looking for a rocket. Then I saw some metal pieces. I thought I could make a spaceship but there wasn't the right material to make a spaceship. So instead I made a jet pack. The jet pack was red and orange. Then I flew to Earth. I arrived at my home safely and quietly.

By Samuel and Bella

No comments:

Post a Comment